One of the simplest and coolest photo art projects to do is photographing water droplets. These images were captured on the same day with the same setup.
The items I used:
- Camera (Canon T3i with built in flash)
- Bowl of water (I used a yellow bowl so my water would have color)
- A medicine dropper
Believe it or not that is it!
- Fill your water bowl and set in on a table or countertop.
- Set your camera settings to a high shutter speed. I used a shutter speed of 500.
- With the medicine dropper slowly drip one droplet at at time and shoot.
- Have a friend help you with the medicine dropper so all you have to focus on is taking the shot.
- Make sure your flash is firing.
- Adjust the colors in photoshop. (I changed the original yellow color in these images to red, blue, and purple).
- You can also use food coloring and/or milk for different color results.
Have fun and experiment!
For more photography tips click here!